My name is Petros Karavasilis and I have been studying the art of Taekwondo for over 28 years. I’m currently a 4th Dan black belt registered with World Taekwondo. I’ve been a member of the Greek national team from 2003 to 2010, a member of the National Taekwondo military team in 2008 and a member of the Australian national team in 2019.
Taekwondo is an Olympic sport originating from Korea. It is a martial art that focuses on respect, discipline and self-control. It is characterized by its emphasis on speed and agility and more specifically on head-height kicks, jumping and spinning kicks, and fast kicking techniques.
Saint Spyridon Taekwondo curriculum:
- A focus on mental and ethical discipline, etiquette, justice, respect, and self-confidence
- Both anaerobic and aerobic workout, including stretching
- Learning the fundamental techniques of taekwondo; these generally include kicks, blocks, punches, and strikes, with somewhat less emphasis on grappling and holds
- Self-defense techniques and forms (pumsae)
- Examinations to progress to the next rank
- Development of personal success and leadership skills
Days and times:
Wednesday 3:40 – 4:30 ( beginners), 4:30 – 5:30 (advanced and/or 11 years old and older)
Friday 3:40 – 4:30 ( beginners), 4:30 – 5:30 (advanced and/or 11 years old and older)
$100 per term (to be covered by week 3 of each term)
$180 per term for 2 children (20% off on second child)
$230 per term for 3 children (50% off on third child)
You will receive an additional 10% off if you prepay 4 terms
Please note that uniform and grading fees are not included.