Parents are the first and most significant influence in the lives of their children. We pride ourselves on working in partnership with you to support your child through their primary years.
We highly encourage and welcome the involvement of our families in our school community. We are always looking for parents or grandparents who would like to participate in the schools’ Parents and Friends team. With the PnFs continued support our school is able to continue to grow and develop.
PnF is not the only way parents can support the school community. We truly value and appreciate your contribution in smaller ways such as our reading program which involved coming 3 times a week in the mornings to allow the JPs to read to you or assisting the teachers on excursion.
Parents and carers who volunteer at Saint Spyridon College will need to be registered as a volunteer and provide a copy/complete a WWCC (Working with Children Check).
Once you have this clearance you are able to accompany children on an excursion, help in the classroom, or in any other way that you would have contact with school children.
- Collect a Volunteer Pack from the Front Office
- Complete and read and sign off on all documents in the pack
- 100 points of identity must be presented to the Front Office, of which one form must contain a photograph (e.g. Passport or Driver’s Licence)
- All volunteers at Saint Spyridon College must hold a current certificate for Responding to Abuse and Neglect or equivalent. This training is available online https://www.plink.sa.edu.au/pages/signup.jsf
- Please select “Volunteer”, then relevant location. We recommend using Google Chrome web browser to access and complete this training due to compatibility issues. You will be required to complete this training and provide the Front Office with a copy or alternatively email it to [email protected] Please note that this training needs to be completed before we can send off your WWCC for processing.
Should you have any questions please contact the front office.